Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can YOU fit through an index card?

Last week in my Dyad I was faced with a challenged that proved to be a very exciting learning experience and I thought that I would share it with you. There was a student that had been struggling with a paper folding trick that he wanted to bring to sharing. Apparently earlier in the week he had given it a go at least three times before and each time something was going wrong. My challenge: to see if I could figure out how it really worked and then go over it right before he preformed the trick. I was able to find a You Tube video with someone explaining the trick so Prissia and I gave it a shot. When I was done I ran across the hall to show Caroline that it was actually possible to fit through a sheet of paper. I was so excited to share this new skill.....

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty crazy! I forgot about this trick. I think projects and assignment likes this are excellent for children. It makes them really think about it and want to solve it because it's a problem that can be related to real life experiences. Finding a way to always provide a good purpose for doing an assignment will keep students excited and motivated to learn more.

    ReplyDelete